September 23, 2009

Divine Serendipitous Event

What a mouthful! Have you ever believed God was leading you to do something and along the way you made a fortunate discovery of something else? That's a divine serendipitous event (DSE). I believe that for most of us, if we would just keep moving, open our eyes, and be open to new possibilities we will make fortunate discoveries. I would go as far as saying that God has promised to do that for us!

The real tragedy of failure, disappointment, and despair is that we no longer look for the hand of God in our lives. Yet in the valley of the shadow of death, God is with us. In the valley of the shadow of death we discover God's table prepared for us.



I have found that most people I talk to have been in the valley so long they can't see God's table prepared for them. A lot of times before we talk to people about our opportunity we have to first hear about their valley. That's good. Sometimes people just need to get things off of their chest and then they'll get up, open their eyes, and start walking again.

That's why "Feel, Felt, and Found" work so well. But it starts with really listening to how they feel! Then we can say, "I know how you feel! I've felt the same way, but I have found ...."

Who knows what can happen? Maybe you start out looking for your next sale and to recruit a new Associate but you end up making a new friend for life. That's what I would call a DSE!

Dave

No comments:

The King