April 07, 2009

"Just let the tools do the selling."

Boy, if there ever was a sales pitch it is this;

Prospective new Distributor: "I'm not interested because I don't like sales and I don't want to do any selling."

Recruiter: "I know exactly how you feel, I've felt the same way, but I found that in our company you don't have to be a sales person. All you have to do is pass out "tools". Just let the tools do the selling. You can do that, right?"

Prospective new Distributor: "I guess I can. I was really impressed with the DVD I watched. It hope it really works that way. I need to find a way to get more time and money freedom. OK. I'll sign-up."

Telling new Distributors that all they have to do hand out "tools" is like ordering an Infantry charge against a machine gun position. It is going to get really bloody - really fast! 98% will not survive.



Why doesn't it work? Simple. Because somebody forgot to tell the prospect that the "tool" was the salesman - not the new Distributor.

Most people have excellent sales resistance skills. They know why they're being handed a DVD! They are under fire from a sales person!

Let me ask you a question. Who is the prospect going to resist? The "tool" or the new Distributor who gave them the "tool"?

Bingo! Prospects don't show sales resistance to "tools"! They show sales resistance to the people who gave them the damn thing!

And leaders wonder why they can't keep anybody and they're always having to keep recruiting new people. Hmm . . . gee, I wonder what's wrong?

It is possible to build a business without having to be a sales person. Sure! Let your Sponsor do all the selling! It's so simple you'll wonder why you didn't think of it yourself.

What do you think?

No comments:

The King